Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to Black Moss Press.
As of January 23, 2022, we will no longer be accepting submissions.
We will be taking submissions for the following:
- Non-fiction manuscripts for memoirs and/or creative non-fiction
We will NOT accept submissions for the following:
- Historical Fiction
- How-To Books
- Self-Help Books
- Children’s Books – picture/middle-grade/young adult
- Graphic Novels
To submit, we require:
- A short biography including citizenship and residence (no more than one page).
- A short synopsis of your submission. (Themes, main ideas, etc.).
- A list of previously published work, reviews, etc. (no more than two pages).
- Why you believe your submission is important (no more than one page).
- What you would do to help us promote the book and where you believe it would sell (no more than one page).
- Your contact information including mailing address, phone number, email address and author social media links.
- For poetry, please submit no more than 10 poems (no more than 10 pages total) from the manuscript.
- For all other submissions, please submit a one-page outline of the manuscript and the first 15 pages of the manuscript itself.
- A current, high-resolution photo of yourself.
- We only take submissions from Canadian authors.
- We are now only taking electronic submissions.