Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to Black Moss Press.
Currently, we are not taking submissions for the following:
- Historical Fiction
- How-To Books
- Self-Help Books
- Children’s Books – picture/middle-grade/young adult
- Graphic Novels
We are, however, taking submissions for the following:
- Non-fiction manuscripts for memoirs and/or creative non-fiction
Please submit, by email, a single copy of each of the following:
- A short biography including citizenship and residence (no more than one page).
- A short synopsis of your submission. (Themes, main ideas, etc.).
- A list of previously published work, reviews, etc. (no more than two pages).
- Why you believe your submission is important (no more than one page).
- What you would do to help us promote the book and where you believe it would sell (no more than one page).
- Your contact information including mailing address, phone number, email address and author social media links.
- For poetry, please submit no more than 10 poems (no more than 10 pages total) from the manuscript.
- For all other submissions, please submit a one-page outline of the manuscript and the first 15 pages of the manuscript itself.
- A current, high-resolution photo of yourself.
- We only take submissions from Canadian authors.
- We are now only taking electronic submissions.
For submissions, or if you have any further questions, please send an email with your attachments to:Samantha Alfini – email@example.com
Please note that it will take approximately 3 to 6 months before you receive a response. Be patient, and don’t let time discourage you.